Chimamanda Adichie insists she's not a Mrs despite being married

chimamanda-adichie-picture
This is quite hilarious, but it's not a joke. Renowned Author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has made it clear in an interview with Sunday Sun that she wants to be addressed as Ms and not Mrs., despite being married.

Apparently, the "Half of a Yellow Sun" Writer has a problem with a woman dropping her maiden name for her Husband's after getting married. She said:


Mrs Chimamanda Adichie, welcome back to Nigeria…

Before we start, please, I just want to say that my name is Chimamanda Adichie. That’s how I want it; that’s how I’m addressed, and it is not Mrs but Miss.  Ms: that’s how I want it. I am saying this, because I just got a mail from my manager this morning. It seems that there are people who attended the church service, and they wrote about it, addressing me as Mrs. Chimamanda (Esega). I didn’t like that at all. So my name is Chimamanda Adichie, full stop!

Read the full interview.
chimamanda-adichie-husband
Chimamanda and her Husband


Chris Odogwu

Chris Odogwu is a writer and content creator. He's passionate about creating informative and engaging content. Check out his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisOdogwu1 for more engaging content.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Facebook

Ads here