Celebrity Style Throwback: 2016 AMVCAs Best Female Looks

amvca-2016-mercy-aigbe-gentry-dress 

I know the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCAs) 2016 is stale news now, but I just couldn’t let it pass by without doing a list of my own best female looks for the 2016 AMVCA. Yeah, yeah, I must do mine! 

Before I proceed, I must give it to our African Actors and Actresses, especially those from Nollywood, for living up to their ranks as superstars because the red carpet was blazing! I could feel their awesomeness from my TV screen, and at different times, I felt like going into my TV set, to give some of them a big hug.

*Clears throat* Without further ado, let me reveal my top five best Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards Female (AMVCAs) looks!

1. Mercy Aigbe-Gentry
amvca-2016-mercy-aigbe-look


Where do I even start to describe this Nollywood starlet’s outfit for the night? When I saw her, something struck me! For a moment, I didn’t even recognize her. And in my mind, I was like, who is that angel? You know what, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry was the angel of the night! Her look was everything! Can you see how that heavenly ‘House of Luminee’ white gown fits on her? As if the perfection of the dress wasn’t enough, her hairdo and makeup were on fleek! How could one person get it right on all levels? This mother of two was a slayer!

2. Rita Dominic 
amvca-2016-rita-dominic-dress

You know how you already have a certain expectation of someone, but somehow, they still manage to “wow” you, even though you already knew they wouldn’t fall short? That perfectly explains this Nollywood front-liner that night. From her records as a Fashionista, I was expecting Rita Domini to be one of the best-dressed females and she did just that and in a certain effortless way. Simple and classy explains her look on that night. Her green ‘Elvira Jude’ gown made a statement.

3. Adesua Etomi

A nominee for the “Best Actress” award, which she eventually won, this beautiful Nollywood Actress came well prepared to receive her award. Wearing an ‘April by Kunbi’ dress, she had that calm but classy look that earned her a spot on my best female AMVCAs female looks.

4. Lilian Esoro Franklin

When I first saw this Nollywood bombshell on the red carpet, the first word that came to mind was “Queen.” Like someone pointed out, she looked like an Egyptian goddess in this ‘House of Dorothy’ dress, which isn’t a bad thing. And for someone who is pregnant, I think she picked the right dress that didn’t cling to her body yet looked stylish.

5. Osas Ajibade

Former beauty queen and Nollywood Actress, Osas Ajibade brought her A-game to the red carpet, looking both sexy and stylish in this ‘Toju Fojeh’ pink ball gown. And her striking beauty certainly added more grace to the lovely outfit.

There you have it! My 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCAs) best female looks. Did your best-dressed females make the list? I hope they did. And if they didn’t, please feel free to mention them in the comment section.

Chris O

Chris Odogwu is a writer and content creator. He's passionate about creating informative and engaging content. Check out his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisOdogwu1 for more engaging content.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Recent in Sports

Facebook

Ads here