Flavour – Being a Good Father to Your Kids Regardless of the Circumstances

musician-flavour-with-his-kids-baby-girls-outside

I was on BellaNaija, when I first saw this lovely photo of Nigerian Highlife Musician, Flavour, with his two cute little angels. Adorable, was the first thing that came to mind. One who doesn’t know anything about the kids would probably think they are twins; they are about the same age and have the same complexion. Yes, they are sisters, but there aren’t twins, neither do they have the same mothers. However, what I saw in that picture, was a man, trying to be a good father to both of them, regardless of their different mothers.

Anyone who is conversant with happenings in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry would be aware of the controversy surrounding the “Ada Ada” Crooner’s love life as regards two former beauty Queens. News from the grapevine, has it that he was in a relationship with one, and she took in, and then shortly after, he got involved with the other, and she took in too. There always say that there are three sides to a story, but in this case, I think there are four sides – Flavour’s, the two mothers’ sides, and the truth. It wasn’t my intention to set up an “Oputa panel” to point out who was at fault and who wasn’t, and I won’t do that; nobody died and made me judge.

There have been accusations and counter-accusations. Fans of both celebrity mothers are constantly at each other’s neck – trust Nigerians to go all out to protect who they like. But in the midst of all this drama, I see a man who seizes every opportunity, to be with and celebrate his kids - that’s how to be a good father. It takes a real man with the wisdom to understand that these kids are innocent of all the drama, they didn’t ask to be born in the first place, so there’s no point having them caught up in the ‘battle.’

As adults, we’ll always have our baggage, but we have to be wise enough, to not let them come in the way of our relationship with the ones we love, especially our children, as the case may be. As a father, your kids should always come first, even before their mother(s). Create beautiful memories in the minds of your children, so that regardless of what happens, they’ll always remember that they have/had a good father – one who loves/loved them unconditionally. 

I’m not in any way saying that mothers aren’t important, but you get my drift. 

By the way, I know it sounds so cliché, but I personally know one of the good fathers – he happens to be my dad. Matter of fact, he’s the best father in the world. My dad is cooler than yours! You think your dad is cooler? Please, let me know in the comment section. Have a great week ahead guys!

Chris O

Chris Odogwu is a writer and content creator. He's passionate about creating informative and engaging content. Check out his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisOdogwu1 for more engaging content.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Recent in Sports

Facebook

Ads here